Sunday, December 7, 2014

ELLY KASIM, NUSKAN SJARIF & ORKES KUMBANG TJARI - KUMBANG TJARI




Here's a fantastic album from Elly Kasim with Nuskan Sjarif and his Orkes Kumbang Tjari...

This album came out in 1961, Nuskan Sjarif was a member from Orkes Gumarang, the guys that developed the Sumatera Mambo style, he left that group to start his own orchestra and started working with Elly Kasim, and what an album this is!!! A lot like Oslan Husein and Orkes Gumarang.... This is the first album from all the albums from Elly Kasim that I have and will be posting now....

Elly Kasim was born in Tanjung Mutiara, Agam, West Sumatera in 1944, she's still with us but I don't think she's still active, she released around a hundred albums during her long career, and this is what she looks like nowadays"


Here's this album:

GET IT HERE

enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. You weren't kidding. This album is FANTASTIC.

    I'm speechless. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are spot on about Elly and Lilis, I'm recording an album now from her.... Man.... It was on my former blog, haven't heard it in years, the track "Serodja", just check it out, really, really touching me.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely to hear ... it's a windows into the past ... I have no idea how much Indonesian society has changed since this was recorded, but I'm pretty sure that most young kids would have no interest in this OLD music ... personally I need all the music, the old and the new ... music describes the time in a way I really love ...

    sissy.pissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your one man mission to preserve this music!

    sissy.pissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hallo Mr Madrotter...when you upload album Kumbang Cari with song Lah lamo......?
    That song was I like it untill till time and many many years along along ago......
    thank's before...

    ReplyDelete
  6. well i'm getting 20, 30 requests every day too much! but orkes gumarang will be uploaded soon again....

    ReplyDelete