Sunday, March 15, 2015

THE BIG MUS MULYADI POST


Time for a nice post about Mus Mulyadi!

"The King Of Krontjong" Mus Mulyadi was born in Surabaya, August 14, 1945. He started his musical career as a coach for all-girl garage band Dara Puspita in 1964 and started his first band, Ariesta Birawa in 1965 and put out one album with them. He later started singing krontjong and became a huge star in Indonesia, did tours in Holland, Suriname and the US. He's 69 years, a diabetic and almost blind because of that but I saw him on tv recently, singing and he looked and sounded well. I hope we can enjoy his singing for a long, long time to come, he truly is one of the greats....

Here's his very first album with Ariesta Birawa, and this came out in 1965, a very nice garage album....


GET IT HERE



And here's another very early 7" he did with band The Exotic....




GET IT HERE





GET IT HERE


GET IT HERE


Here's another album with Diana Yusuf and Orkes Melayu Pancaran Muda....

GET IT HERE



GET IT HERE



Here's one with Titiek Sandhora and the Favourites Group....


GET IT HERE



GET IT HERE


Great album, with Wiwiek Abidin, Rifa Hadijah and Zakarya's Orkes Melayu Pancaran Muda, with a beautiful cover of Mashabi's Ratapan Anak Tiri and Ellya Khadam's Termenung....

GET IT HERE







With Laily Dimjathie and Band 4 Nada....


GET IT HERE



Great fast-paced dangdut album with Ida Elisa and Orkes Melayu Ramayana....

GET IT HERE


Here's another one with Titiek Sandhora, missing one song because of damage....

GET IT HERE


Lovely krontjong album with singer Seiko and band The Greatest....

GET IT HERE


With Diana Yusuf and Orkes Melayu Awara, missing the first song because of damage....

GET IT HERE


GET IT HERE


With Yuliatin and Orkes Melayu Pancaran Muda....

GET IT HERE



GET IT HERE



And another one with Titiek Sandhora....

GET IT HERE


Here's one more album from Mus Mulyadi, I'll be doing another Mus Mulyadi special soon....

GET IT HERE

enjoy!




























13 comments:

  1. This is such a huge post, I haven't been able to get to everything yet, not by a long shot. However, I want to say that the album with, Ida Elisa, whom I've never heard until now, is one of the most infectious, rocking out Dangdut albums I've ever listened to. It's unbelievably good.

    Thank you so much. I will be listening this particular album, for as long as I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've got A LOT more coming. I'm only now discovering what an incredible artist Mus Mulyadi really is/was, it's not just those dangdut albums, some of his krontjong albums are pure magic too! Of course, plenty of pretty average pop albums too, but that doesn't really surprise me, what I've read is that he put out at least around 80 albums, call it the Indonesian curse, getting paid by the album, no royalties, so output was pretty crazy, specially during the 70's and 80's which did not always result in good albums I'm afraid.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I heard that on a few, but when he nails it, he sure nails it. It's amazing.

      Delete
  3. It just sort of occurred to me, through this post, that I've built up a sizable little collection of Diana Yusuf's work. I'm assuming Eva Yusuf, whom she did an Orkes Gambus album with is her sister.

    Was Diana Yusuf a big star back then? She sure was something. I'm finding I like her work as much as anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure how big a star she was but i love the work she did with orkes gambus al fata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Orkes Gambus al Fata album is one of the best.

      Delete
  5. I love discovering these singers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been looking around for words and recordings of Ida Elisa on the Net. I guess she had a nice following, back in the day.

    That voice of hers is so powerful, she could blow down a door with it, and that song "Takut," has got it on full display.

    Great discovery, for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'll have a look soon, who knows, i might have more from her :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there Mr Henk.

    such great and vast collection you got here! your effort and appreciation makes me ashamed of myself as a native Indonesian. Looks like we got a lot of homework to do, so we will be able to have the 'eyes and ears' like yours! (and often enough, like other Orang Asing) :)

    Well Mr. Henk, please please keep up your great work! and on a side note, would you mind if I repost your content on my blog? duniatiga.tumblr.com
    (It's sort of collection of Indonesia culture through any viable means)

    It breaks my heart to see truly committed people like you are taken for granted here in Indonesia

    FYI: Technically speaking, Mus Mulyadi is my uncle. and from what I heard he's in pretty bad shape now.

    THANK YOU,

    Timothy Elbe

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, I don't mind, everything I share here are for anybody to use.... Hope your uncle, the great Mus Mulyadi gets better, I know he's a diabetic, really one of the greats...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great! I'm in your debt sir.

    btw can I have your Email? There's something that I want to talk about..

    ReplyDelete