Saturday, August 29, 2015

GENZO WAKAYAMA, ONO TAKASI AND NIGHT SIX & YOICHI SUZUKI AND HIS LATIN COMPOSERS - PINK MOOD DE LUXE




I honestly think this is one of the best albums I've got my hands on this last year or so, incredibly cool crime-jazz, it's like listening to a Kenyon Hopkins album.... I have not been able to find out who is playing the music, each song is introduced by legendary Japanese voice actor and dj Genzo Wakayama and this album came out in 1966....


GET IT HERE


enjoy!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Haven't listened to the music yet, but the cover is sure great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this Henk. The performer names are written on the back cover under the track titles.
    Aー1・5 Bー1・4・5 大野喬とナイト・シックス (Ōno Takashi and Night Six)
    Aー2・3・4・6 Bー2・3・6 鈴木庸一とラチン・カンパニオン (Yōichi Suzuki and His Latin Companions)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah!!! Thank you so much for that information Alice!!! I will see if I can find more from them, I absolutely love this record :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a picture of Gene Barry on the rear cover. He was the star of an American TV show in the 1960's, titled: "Burke's Law". So, I imagine these compositions were from that soundtrack. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a feeling this one will be killer - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I recognize this one! I also have it. Nice catch Madrotter!! You certainly find some interesting stuff in your neck of the woods. I think it's the contrast between the narration and the music that makes this so interesting.

    sissy.pissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah really happy with this one, and I've got some more suprises from Japan coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Henk, how are you?

    You posted 3 years before an Lp by Ono Takashi, like here he shared the lp with another musician:
    http://madrotter-treasure-hunt.blogspot.fr/2012/06/hit-melody-of-elec-guitar.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there, yeah i'm good :) and thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete