Sunday, July 20, 2014

KIEM


Kiem was a Dutch band from my city of birth, Rotterdam, active from 1982 till 1987. I don't know how many times I've seen them live, quiet a few times and they were always great live. The members were Huub Kentie – Synthesizers & Vocals, Ger ‘Sax’ van Voorden – Tenor Saxophone and the incredible Cees ‘IJzermans’ Meurs who played drums on a drum kit that was made out of all kinds of pieces of metal. I saw Cees once live, playing together with Dutch jazz drummer Han Bennink and there are just no words to describe how great a performance that was.... Ger van Voorden later left the band and was replaced by Jos Valster....

Way back I had a friend, John, who always went with them on tour as a roadie and he would always come back with the wildest stories, those guys were always touring all over Europe, specially Italy where they had quiet a following....

Here's their website: kiemrotterdam.nl

They put out three albums and I'll upload 'em, not my rips though....

KIEM (1984)


GET IT HERE

KEAM (1985)



GET IT HERE


YOU SHOULD TRY (1987)


GET IT HERE









ENJOY!!!!!






1 comment: