Sunday, March 19, 2017

JATHILAN / JARANAN OJO SEMBRONO VOL. 1


I was talking with Arrington de Dionyso a few days ago, and how this was his favorite Indonesian cassette. Posted this ages ago, link was dead, so I recorded it again and yes, he's right, this is great stuff.... Trance music from Middle Java, we call it Kuda Lumping here in West Java, over there they call it Kudho Praseno, dancers dance to this music with a small wooden/bamboo horse in front of them and they'll go into a deep trance. I've seen it once at the Dieng Plateau, close to YogYakarta and there the dancers would strangle themselves with a whip till they would pass out, foaming at the mouth.... Here in West Java I've seen it a bunch of times, different kind of music, also deep trance music and here the dancers will change into different kind of animals, vomiting, eating glass, tearing coconuts apart with their teeth, you name it. I love these kind of shows :)

GET IT HERE

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment