Sunday, November 17, 2019

MR G - GET IT GOT IT GOOD E.P.


A long long time ago I had a Dutch friend here in Bandung. We did quiet a few things together, organized some festivals, I was still full on busy with hip hop, producing etc. and he was more house music oriented. When he left Bandung he gave me all his records, never really did anything with them, I think there's maybe 70 records or so, all of them different types of dance/house music. Got them out today, it's a total mess, he was a very, very wild guy, often dj-ing at home off his head, drunk as fuck, so all those records are in the wrong covers, quiet a few of them have damage, either from spilled beers or scratches from handling them drunk.... Going to check them all out and will post the ones that are still good. Not all at once but, well, you'll see.... It's not a genre that I know a lot about, yeah, way back I used to go to rave parties and stuff, 4, 5 nights a week, usually after working in the cafe, dancing my ass off till sun up, but I never really got into it, I was too busy with hip hop, jazz, afro and experimental music....

Here's two ep's from Mr G....

GET IT HERE

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment