Sunday, September 13, 2020

A K I R - L E G A C Y




I'm in a hip hop mood today.... Here's an album from Akir, a signed copy, bought it from the man himself at an Immortal Technique concert in Amsterdam years ago where he was the support act. Great concert, pretty wild, Immortal Technique live is HARD. At a certain moment Immortal stage dived, right on top of my head. Not the first time I had that happen to me, back in '92, maybe '93 Cypress Hill came to Holland for the first time, one of the wilder, crazier hip hop concerts that I've been to, the place was sold out and when Sen Dog stage dived I got his leg right on top of my head and back then that man had legs like tree trunks.... After he got back on stage it turned out that he lost his sneaker, so they stopped the show, said they wouldn't perform again if the shoe wasn't returned and it became a little back and forth, "GIVE US THE SHOE!!!" (audience) "FUCK THE SHOE!!!! Well, the shoe was returned and they continued to rock the house, Funkdoobiest was also playing.... I was tripping hard on loads of xtc at that concert, I don't know how it happened but I got out of the place shirt-less and it was in the middle of winter and I had to get back with the train to Rotterdam.... Saw them again a few days later in Rotterdam at a place called Imperium which was a CRAZY place, folks would give their guns to the bouncers before passing through the metal detectors and get 'em back once inside. Back then you wouldn't see many white folks at hip hop concerts and in Imperium you wouldn't see any at all, it had a reputation for black on white violence but I've been there many times, never had any problems, always a great vibe there and I've seen some incredible concerts there, Eric B & Rakim in '92 was just amazing, goose-bumps really, Das-EFX too, Tim Dog was pretty bad, the crowd was jumping so hard that the record on the turntable would skip all the time but the atmosphere was just amazing, Lords of the Underground was great there too....

But anyway, I'm in a hip hop mood today and here's Akir's album....

GET IT HERE



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment