Thursday, April 6, 2023

GUNADI BERSIUL

So, yesterday I got a call from somebody who sells me cassettes every now and then. While I was going through the cassettes he had for me he asked me if I was maybe interested in a cassette by an artist who was whistling. Whistling???? So he showed me the cassette and I started laughing. He then proceeded to play it for me on a small walkman and by that time I was laughing so hard, tears were streaming down my face, for real, I couldn't stop laughing, I thought my belly would burst..... He told me that this guy, Gurnadi, was the Indonesian champion whistling, he won some competition, I think in Jakarta, somewhere in the early 90's, but not sure, and just the thought of a whistling competition drove me into another fit of uncontrollable laughing. But anyway, he was the whistling champion and with the help of some company that was producing medicines he put out a cassette. Totally DIY... That cassette got picked up by a record company and that is this cassette.... I've looked around on the internet, not much info to be found, his full name was Enoch Gunadi and he was born in Semarang in 1948, and that since he was a child his main hobby was...... whistling.... You just can't make this up, and I'm loving it, and not only that, I haven't laughed that hard in years :) I saw on google that he actually put out a few more cassettes, so who knows, maybe one day I'll have more for all you whistle fanatics! GET IT HERE Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment