Sunday, March 12, 2023

IBU BANGSA - IBU TIEN SOEHARTO

Various artists commemorating Ibu Tien Soeharto, wife of Indonesia's second president Soeharto.... She passed away in 1996, the year that I came to Indonesia as a backpacker with the plan to stay in Indonesia for a bit and then make my way, overland, to Bombay.... Well, I met this girl, working at the reception in a hotel I was staying and 26 and a half year later she's still my wife :) And I never made it to Bombay.... Officially Ibu Tien Soeharto died from a heart attack, but the story on the street was a bit different and it even says so on her Wikipedia page. The story goes that two of her sons, Tommy and Bambang Trihatmodjo got into a fight over some business, shots were fired and Ibu Tien was hit by a stray bullet... True? Who knows.... Anything's possible in Indonesia I guess.... GET IT HERE Enjoy!

1 comment: