Saturday, October 20, 2012

Letter to Hervé Lemaire , CEO of LeakID....

Well, I wrote a lengthy letter to mediafire and I wrote a letter to the guy (or one of them anyways) who is responsible for the blocking of files on this blog.... I'm posting the letter here for all of you to see, let's see if I get an answer (I seriously doubt it but hey, I tried)

To Hervé Lemaire , CEO of LeakID.

My name is Henk den Toom. I am a Dutchman living in Bandung, Indonesia, and I work HARD on a music blog about Indonesian music. Music that is forgotten, music that is impossible to find nowadays, and I break NO RULES, I do not infringe on ANY copyrights.In Indonesia artists NEVER got royalties, they got paid BY THE ALBUM, paid by record companies that have been out of business for many years.... In the five years or so that I am doing this blog I've had many, many reactions from the musicians who's music I posted, whose music I put up for free to download....

I NEVER had a negative reaction, NEVER. All I get is people who are immensely grateful that I'm bringing their forgotten music into the light again, often these artists passed away many years ago and I get messages from their children, grateful for what I am doing....

Because of your actions two links to two albums have been removed from my blog, 2 albums that are incredibly obscure and you claim to be representing the artists that made these albums. I fear that mediafire will suspend my account because of what you are doing, if that happens I will loose more than a thousand albums on that blog. I already lost 1500 links to albums because of what happened with Megaupload and have been working like a dog to be able to provide this forgotten music again....

My question to you is, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?????

There is NO WAY you represent the artists or record companies who's albums I posted, simply because they are either dead or don't exist anymore....

I get somewhere between 30.000 to 50.000 visitors a month, many, many comments and I will post this letter on my blog, let's see if you have an answer for me and if so, what that answer will be....

Henk den Toom

http://madrotter-treasure-hunt.blogspot.com/

And this is the nonsense that I'm getting when I open my mediafire account:

Dear MediaFire User:

MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection. The file named mimim rukminingsih - gamelan bale endah.rar is identified by the key (fidsxbx1d4zezj2). As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512(c)(1)(C) of the DMCA, we have suspended access to the file.

The reason for suspension was:
BDM user "lachandra" says: Hello, My Name is Hervé Lemaire , CEO of LeakID, I am legal representative of lemaire which does business under the name Metropolitan, Authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. You are hereby given notice valid under the DMCA copyright infringement notification requirements, 17 U.S.C.512. I am the designated agent of the owner of the copyrights of the images and audio/visual works listed below. I believe that the images and audio/visual works listed at the times cited below are being copied and distributed in a manner that has been not authorized by the owner of the copyrights, its agent or the law. All link below containing pirated versions of lemaire copyrighted works. The information in the notice is accurate, under penalty of perjury. Please remove all linksAs soon as possible, we will check them everyday. Thanks to inform us about y our actions. We appreciate your efforts toward this common goal. Very truly yours, Hervé Lemaire Leakid 15 bis rue de chateaudun 92250 La garenne colombes France 0033698211000 Contact lemaire Expendables -

8 comments:

  1. Ugh! This is so incredibly lame. I hope it works out for you. Your blog is the best!! And you are doing such a great service for so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik hoop dat het helpt........altijd dit soort flauwekul, bah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I got another (automated) email from mediafire saying that when they blocked my file they also send me an email that tells me how to file a counter claim, thing is.... i never got a mail from them..... so right now i'm not sure how to counter claim....

    ReplyDelete
  4. mr. henk, kenapa tdiak upload saja di Internet Archive? di http://www.archive.org. tapi memang harus tahu kondisi hukum lagu2nya itu ya. apakah itu public domain atau tidak

    ReplyDelete
  5. terima kasih, tapi saya suka upload sama uploader biasa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go ahead .. This blog also has a lot to inspire my blog .. sorry, I have posted on my blog .. thanks for Mr. Henk Madrotter

    ReplyDelete