Saturday, April 27, 2013

CHROME - RED EXPOSURE





It must have been 1994, maybe 1995, and I was working in cafe The Rhythm in my city of birth, Rotterdam. I was cleaning tables, bouncing and selling hash and weed on the side.... In comes this very tall, very freaky American dude, nice fellow and he bought a shit load of hash and weed. Only after he left did I find out that he was in fact Helios Creed, the old guitar player from Chrome. I wish I'd known when he was in the cafe, I would've given him a big block of hash for free, back then I was already a long time fan of Chrome!!!!

Together with Damon Edge, Helios Creed was playing in Chrome, an incredible band, light years ahead of their time and I used to have many albums from them. I only have two albums left now, this album Red Exposure and their Half Machine Lip Moves album....

Helios is still very active, performing, recording and remastering lots of old unreleased Chrome material..... Damon Edge sadly passed away years ago....

Here's their official website:

http://www.staticwhitesound.com/chrome/discography.htm

http://www.adrive.com/public/QxVQRG/chrome red exposure.rar







enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. nice story about how worlds collide ... i've heard of this band but never heard them ... thank you ... (btw, my aim nickname never appears, just a long string of nonsense. i don't mind but it seems a little strange/impolite)
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are welcome!

    cafe the rhythm closed down one and a half year ago.... it was a GREAT cafe all through the 90's and the 2000nds, everybody was always welcome there and specially in the early 90's many bands that were touring would end up there drinking. metallica, the exploited, the geni-torturers and many,many others.....

    haven't been to holland in a few years now,got no idea where to go when i'll be back there now that my usual drinking place is closed down.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. and this is an excellent album ... i'm totally in the right mood for this tonight ... it reminds me of a few things (Pil, Virgin Prunes) but not so much as too get in the way ... what a lovely soundtrack for afternoon tea!!! ...

    your good old days are gone, but surely your life in your new country is better ;-) i could totally that and yes it does ;-)

    i'm in the mood for this maybe only once every month ... perfect timing

    by the way i love ALL the music on your blog, but of course i never download any of it because i wouldn't want to enjoy myself too much

    ReplyDelete
  4. saw the virgin prunes many, many years ago in rotterdam and yes they were quiet good :)

    the good ol' days are gone indeedy, very, very different from life these days, both ways of life are very good actually, back then craziness and party were priorities, sex, drugs and rock n roll, now it's my 2,5 year old boy that i get my kicks from :)

    ReplyDelete