Tuesday, August 9, 2016

ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHS



Every now and then I find original photographs while hunting for records and cassettes. They are all original prints, most of the time I have no idea when or where they were taken, or who's depicted on them, and I'll buy them because often they just fascinate me....

I'll start posting some of the photographs I have found so far, starting of with two prints, again, original prints that are nothing less then spectacular, real treasures so to speak....

Took me a while to find out what was depicted on these two pictures.... These are troops serving under Raymond Westerling when they were rampaging in the center of Bandung City during the attempted APRA Coup, around the 20th of january 1950. These pictures have never been publicized (I might have the only prints in existence) and they were taken by a very, very brave Indonesian Chinese man who was running a photo shop right around the corner of Braga Street at the time....

You can read about Westerling here:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Westerling


I hope some of you will enjoy the photo graphs I will start sharing here....

No comments:

Post a Comment