Saturday, April 18, 2020

SLUIPSCHUTTERS - RECHTSTREEKS UIT ROTTERDAM





Here's a double cd from Rotterdam Feyenoord hooligan rap group the Sluipschutters (The Snipers)....

Yeah, the Sluipschutters, these guys are something else :)

Never seen them perform unfortunately but I do have one little story about them, from before they were known as the Sluipschutters.... Must've been around 1994 and I was working in cafe The Rhythm in Rotterdam. Blonde Nathalie who was one of the girls working behind the bar asked me to go out with her that night, to discotheque Nightown, Back then I was going out partying 4, 5 nights a week, most of the time ending up there, dancing my ass off crazy on xtc and I was going out with the Rhythm girls all the time, Nightown, Tudor bar, Parkzicht, B14/The Twijfelaer, Full Moon, the Vlerk and other places....

So yeah, out with Nathalie and she asked me to pick her up in the Miami Bar, another place where she was working behind the bar, I'd never been there, all I knew was that it was a bar where a lot of Feyenoord hooligans where going to.... So I got there, Nathalie was working behind the bar and the place was full with an assortment of hoolies in all kinds of states... Got myself a drink, I had taken some e and started to have a nice buzz and a bald headed giant came over and was towering over me, Nathalie explained who I was and what I came to do in their bar and I'm thinking, oooh shit, it's on! But the giant stuck out his hand to shake mine and said, "Hey! I'm Gijs!", BIG relief!!! Now Gijs later on actually worked with me in The Rhythm and we became brothers but that's another story (Love you Gijs!!!)....

Anyway, among all the craziness going on in that place there were two black guys sitting quietly together and beneath their chairs a pool of blood was forming, blood was dripping of them in worrying quantities and I asked Nathalie, what's with those guys? Are they ok?, should we call an ambulance or something? And she said, nah, they're fine, they are de rellen negers (the riot negroes) and they just came back from hunting Germans in the city, there was a match between Feyenoord and some German team earlier today.... Those two guys later on became the Sluipschutters.... I don't remember much from the rest of that night, I vaguely remember Nathalie getting in some kind of fight in Nightown where I had to jump in, but Gijs coming up to me like that and those two guys covered in blood sitting there so quietly always stayed with me :)....

There's some fantastic music on these cd's....

GET THE FIRST CD HERE

GET THE SECOND CD HERE







Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment