Friday, May 1, 2020

METABOLIST - HANSTEN KLORK



I bought this album 39 years ago, I was sixteen and living in a squad house with a bunch of fellow punks, 1981. I was in the Haddock record shop with one of them, Tony, and he told me to buy this album and it's still among my favorite albums....

We had some wild motherfuckers living in that squad house and Tony was one of them. Every now and then Tony would get some pcp (angeldust), he would dress up like a pierrot, including the face paint, Bowie style, smoke his dust and go out by himself, next day he would be back, often with his face bashed in, beaten like a dog. Sometimes he wanted to get drunk quick and he would start shooting up whiskey... After a while almost everybody in that squad house was shooting up or smoking heroine and I left, never touched it, seeing what it did to my friends was enough to keep me away from it as far as I could, I was more of a speed freak back then and I loved those paper trips and shrooms....

About a year and a half or so later I got the news, Tony died, overdosed on new years eve 1982, they found him in his garden lying in the snow and me and a bunch of fellow punks went to his funeral, a dreadful affair with his poor parents going crazy, looking at us, all non-heroin users like we gave him his final dose. Never went to a funeral like that again (and there were quiet a few back then)....

Anyway, here's to you Tony, you mad-hatter crazy son of a bitch and thanks for all the fun we had and for making me buy this album....


GET IT HERE

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Wat een verhaal weer over die legendarische jaren 80. Je zult er ongetwijfeld nog meer hebben. Een geweldig album wel.

    Groeten!
    Bence

    ReplyDelete
  2. nog steeds aan t balen dat ik ze heb gemist toen ze in rotterdam speelden! jaren 80 waren te gek, jaren 90 krankzinnig :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Tony! At least Metabolist is his legacy by proxy. For that he will be remembered,despite his obvious 'issues'.
    JZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. He also introduced me to James White & The Contortions :)

    ReplyDelete