Sunday, June 14, 2020

AA & II - DUET JAIPET - JAIPONG MUPPETS



Here's a funny one... A jaipong cassette, now, I don't really speak Sundanese, it's an extremely difficult language, but as far as I can figure out, the guy behind it calls himself Ki Dulrahul and he is from Ciwadul. Ciwadul is a village in Banten, West-Java... He says that also in outer space there is Sundanese art but of course, most Sundanese art is found in West-Java, where the Sundanese people live.... I guess Aa and Ii are the ones singing... Really, very good jaipong this, and a lot of songs from Aan Darwati..... Where do the Muppets come in? Beats me....

GET IT HERE

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. By the way, I made a mix of the records that I found on your site:
    https://soundcloud.com/leftfields/fields-podcast-009-foresteppe-non-stop-jaipongan

    Thank you so much for your work, it is very important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yes I think it is important almost impossible to find most of these tapes now, too many foreigners who bought them up and they were released in quiet small numbers, usually only a thousand or so

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlLHhQoXolc

    do you have this one in your collection ?

    ReplyDelete