Monday, December 14, 2020

MADROTTER HOME TAPINGS 80's & 90's

That's my old drum kit, in my old house in Rotterdam, I had another kit too, this one:
Around '86, '87 I bought a 4 track cassette recorder and I bought a casio keyboard and you could take samples with it, I would hang a mic over a speaker and sample away. You couldn't cut those samples, couldn't do anything with it so you had to press the sample button on that casio key board at the right time. I also had an old wind organ and that was it. It was simple and it was fun and for the next 9 years or so that's how I was making music at home, always buying all sorts of records, second hand, for sampling and records, back then, were cheap as hell because most people were totally into cd's which then were a new medium and everybody was selling their old vinyl collections.... Here's some of the recordings I made during those years, me playing the drums, samples, sometimes some other instruments and me singing, maybe some of you will enjoy it, it's simple, it's years and years before pc's and fruity loops etc. and it was incredible fun to make it.... I wasn't a great song text writer so I would often get my lyricks from the old poets, Houseman, Keats etc. .... Not in chronoligical order, all recorded between '86 and '96.... G GET THE FIRST PART HERE GET THE SECOND PART HERE Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, fessing up, eh? Coming clean perhaps? In any event, it all looks like it'll be fun. Thanks for the peak at the man behind the curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Rev... I really, really miss that house, it was my place, my temple for quiet a few years, no telling how much drugs were used there, how many women ravaged, how many good times and sometimes bad times too... All you see is the living room but there was a big bed room, another room, a kitchen, a toilet and upstairs another big room and a bath room, there was a time when it was a stash house you wouldn't believe the amounts of weed being stored upstairs and that got me a thousand guilders a month no matter if weed was stored there or not, and at one point I had 5 people downstairs clipping that shit, 25 cents for me for every gram made ready, money was just flowing in like crazy and I was just partying, buying music, making music, freaking out, training and dancing, dancing, dancing. Before the place became a stash house I was growing the stuff in green houses, back breaking work, sometimes month after month living in a small camper in the North East of Holland, in the forest, often totally alone, often with my blood brother S., crazy, crazy adventures, and winter time I would go and be a drifter in Thailand for a few months, did that for a few years and then it all came down hard, the big green house got raided, even now, some 25 years later I can't go into the specifics but it was heavy, super heavy, thank God I still had my job working in the cafe, doing bouncer work and working as a dj in another cafe.... Later I made a great garden upstairs in my place, 8 600 watt lamps, first time 400 plants next time 800 plants, a lamp short circuited and half my house burned down, got arrested, ended up with a few years probation, anything, anything at all and I would have to stay 5 years inside, it's kinda how I ended up here in Indonesia :) God I miss that house....

    ReplyDelete