Sunday, July 30, 2023

MADROTTER - THE LESSER EVIL

Starting from around 1988 till around 1996 I was what they used to call a home taper, making music with a casio sampler, one of the early ones, you couldn't cut samples, you had to hang a microphone over a speaker, put on a record or a cassette and push the button at just the right time, there were two choices, a 1.2 or a 1.6 second sample if I remember correctly. I would play my own beats on a drumkit and I would record andmix everything on a 4 track cassette player/recorder. The sound quality wasn't very good but it was good enough for me at the time.... Before I had the casio sampler I would just record beats and any kind of instrument I could get my hands on, including a pump organ that was over a 100 years old.... I would sing and later rap myself, back then it was just impossible to find any rappers although I did record some stuff with other singers a few times.... I was never any good at writing good lyrics so I started using poems, which is something I was into at the time. Be it Yeats, Keats, A. E. Houseman, Thomas Hardy etc. .... I've been going through all those old tapes, digging up stuff and I'm going to put the stuff that I like on youtube. Might as well post it here too, maybe some of you might like it.... Starting with this poem, written by George Orwell called The Lesser Sin.... You can find the poems in the description in the youtube video's... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment