Monday, November 6, 2023

OLD SONGS MADROTTER

Going through some very old tapes of music I made in the late 80's and early 90's, solo and with the livingroom band I was in, The Prutsers, thought maybe some of you might like some of it.... Instrumental, solo, recorded around '94.... Instrumental, solo, recorded around '94.... Zware Kost, me, Jan and Robo, De Prutsers, recorded around 1987.... Modern Ridder Verhaal, me and Robo guitar, Robo drums and Jan vocals, recorded around 1988.... Nerves, music and vocals by me, guitar by Marko van der Horst, recorded around 1994... Struisvogel Ei, me, Jan and Robo, recorded around 1987.... No Alcohol During The Ramadhan, 100 % played with children instruments by me, Jan and Robo, recorded around 1986.... Een Goed Ontwikkelde Baby, music and lead vocals by Jan Kopp, me and Patrick singing, recorded around 1989.... 40 Years Of Frost & Flower, music and vocals by me, recorded around 1994... De Zwerver, music and vocals by me, recorded around 1986.... Eens Gaan Wij Verrot, music and vocals me and Jan Kopp, guitar by Robert van Rhoon, recorded around 1987.... Flow My Tears, music and vocals by me, recorded around 1987.... My musical interpretation of Rudyard Kipling's poem The Storm Cone... Recorded around 1987 This is the midnight—let no star Delude us—dawn is very far. This is the tempest long foretold— Slow to make head but sure to hold. Stand by! The lull ’twixt blast and blast Signals the storm is near, not past; And worse than present jeopardy May our forlorn to-morrow be. If we have cleared the expectant reef, Let no man look for his relief. Only the darkness hides the shape Of further peril to escape. It is decreed that we abide The weight of gale against the tide And those huge waves the outer main Sends in to set us back again. They fall and whelm. We strain to hear The pulses of her labouring gear, Till the deep throb beneath us proves, After each shudder and check, she moves! She moves, with all save purpose lost, To make her offing from the coast; But, till she fetches open sea. Let no man deem that he is free! Ochtend Humeur, music by me, Robo, Jan Kopp and Johan Hesselbach, vocals by Jan Kopp, recorded around 1988.... Als Ik Mijn Tanden Poets, music and vocals by me and Jan Kopp, recorded around 1986.... Zimagluister, music by me, Jan Kopp and Robo, vocals by Jan Kopp, recorded around 1986.... Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I love The Prutsers. Never knew you were involved. Kudos to you! Much respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe :) Those tapes got quiet a few listeners after Jonny from the DIY blog posted them, and a lot of great reactions too :) We were just a bunch of out of work stoners freaking out at the time, never thinking about releasing those tapes or anything. Everything Prutsers was recorded at Jan Kopp's home, we were either making music, playing board games or watching pro-wrestling :) Jan was really the driving force behind it all, he wrote most of the lyrics, he really was great at doing that, Robo was a multi-instrumentalist and I was actually a drummer so I ended up singing most of the songs, but playing a lot of melodica, children instruments etc. .... Sadly, I got the news, about half a year ago that Jan passed away.... Still have a lot of stuff that has never been released, stuff that Jan and Robo recorded before I started living in Jan's neighborhood, Rotterdam North, before that I would visit there every now and then and the never finished last Prutsers cassette which, to be honest, was pretty bad, Robo was long gone, it was mainly me, Jan and Patrick, might listen to it and see if there's anything worth posting.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear Jan passed away. Thanks for the extra info, really interesting to hear. I would definitely go back and listen to that last cassette (if I was you), you never know. I have loads of old demo tapes from my old bands and solo, some which actually sound better now than I remember at the time. Although some of it is still a load of crap hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yeah, I wish we would've made recordings with my very first punk band that I was drumming in, Pleeboy (in Dutch that means toilet boy), we played from the end of '78 till '80.... And many, many bands after that....

      Delete
  4. Yeah, and it's really, really sad how he died :( Thinking often about him.... I'll probably put some more songs up tonight lah :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waarom heb je de tapes niet naar Luaka Bop gestuurd?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if David Byrne would, eh, "get it" :)

    ReplyDelete